Think saving on car insurance is out of your reach? Think again! Saving on car insurance is easier than you think. Try these 10 tips to save money:
1. Buy a low-profile car: Flashy luxury cars can quickly become targets for carjackers. But a smart, sensible car is more likely to be overlooked. Because of this, insurance is typically lower on such cars.
2. Safety feature discount: Cars with built-in safety features, such as side air bags and anti-theft systems, are more attractive to insurance providers because they pose less risk. This is often reflected in your premium.
3. Bundle your policies: Combining policies, such as multiple auto or home and auto, with one insurance provider is an easy way to reduce your premiums.
4. Pay annually: Paying annually, as opposed to monthly, results in lower premiums due to the lump sum. If you can afford this option, it may be worth it in the long run.
5. Reduce coverage on older cars: If you’re paying for more coverage than a car is worth, it’s time to reduce your coverage. You may want to eliminate collision coverage if your car is not worth the cost of repairing.
6. Maintain a safe driving record: Your insurance rates are influenced by your driving record. The longer you go without accidents or tickets, the less you will pay.
7. Maintain good credit: People who are responsible with their money tend to be less of a risk factor. Insurance providers take this into account when calculating your premium.
8. Report big stuff: You may not want to report small fender-benders if the damage will cost less than your deductible to repair. Any claim can increase your premium, so it may be worth it to avoid reporting small damages.
9. Ask for discounts: There are many discounts available, including loyalty, good driver, senior, good student, accident forgiveness and many more discounts.
10. Talk to an agent: Independent agents will do the shopping for you. They work with a network of trusted insurance providers and are trained to find you the best deal available. This saves you money and the hassle of shopping yourself.
Auto insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. Call Raymond Longoria Insurance at (888) 296-0345 for more information on McAllen auto insurance.