Auto Insurance in Rio Grande Valley, Texas
Whether running a quick errand around the valley or taking a long road trip, you need protection when you get behind the steering wheel. The right auto insurance policy can give you financial coverage if you have an accident or another covered loss.
How Auto Insurance Works
If you have an accident and your car becomes damaged or someone steals your vehicle, it can be costly to fix or replace it. Also, if you or your passengers are injured, medical costs can be expensive; you could even face a lawsuit if you or your vehicle caused damage or a third-party injury. Auto insurance offers financial protection to these potentially financially devastating situations. The layers of protection you decide to add depend on the auto insurance types you choose.
· Collision insurance might cover damage to your vehicle sustained in an accident or collision with an object.
· Comprehensive insurance may pay for non-accident damage, such as weather damage, fires, theft, vandalism or other incidents.
· Liability insurance might help pay for damage to others who weren’t in your vehicle if an accident was your fault.
· Bodily injury liability coverage may pay for third-party medical bills and sometimes for death benefits.
· Property damage liability coverage may pay for damage to the other party’s property.
· Medical payments coverage may pay for your medical bills if you have an injury from an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
· Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage may pay for your medical bills if you’re injured in an accident. This coverage might also cover other losses, such as lost income. Texas drivers are mandated by state law to purchase minimum amounts of PIP coverage or sign a waiver declining this coverage.
· Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance might help cover damages if someone who doesn’t have adequate liability coverage caused the accident.
How Much Auto Insurance Do I Need?
Determining how much auto insurance you need is a complex decision. You’ll want to ensure you have enough and adequate coverage to satisfy Texas state law auto insurance requirements and any requirements set forth by a lender if you’ve financed or leased your vehicle. Work with our team to evaluate your auto insurance needs and find the right policy for you.
Where Can I Get Auto Insurance?
Numerous insurance providers provide auto insurance. The decision about which insurance is best for you is personal. Raymond Longoria Insurance has been caring for the auto insurance needs of our customers in the Rio Grande Valley since 1988. We can help you evaluate your auto insurance needs and what insurance can give you the best coverage.
Where Can I Compare Auto Insurance?
We can help you review your options based on the coverage you would like in your auto insurance policy. Assessing your choices can help you make a well-informed decision on the best auto insurance coverage for you.
How Do Auto Insurance Claims Work?
Making a claim can be stressful without the guidance of a trusted provider. We have all the information you need to navigate the claims process. Knowing what to do immediately after the accident can give you a good start in making your claim. The following are guidelines for what to do after you are involved in an accident:
- If you can safely do so, get out of your vehicle and assist anyone who might be injured.
- Call the police or highway patrol immediately; they can call emergency personnel if needed.
- Protect the accident scene by setting up flares, putting up cones or moving your vehicle off the road.
- Once the police arrive, give them as much information as possible about what happened. Do not admit fault; give the police the facts.
- Ask the investigating officer for a copy of the accident report, as you may have to submit it with your claim.
- Get the names and addresses of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident and the license plate numbers, makes, models and years of each vehicle involved. Take down the name of their insurance companies and driver’s license numbers.
- Afterward, contact your insurer immediately to begin filing your claim.
We can walk you through the claims process so you know what’s involved after the accident. You will be contacted by a claims adjuster who will deal directly with the claimant or their attorney. If there was significant damage, your insurance carrier could try to expedite your claim so repairs or a replacement vehicle can be arranged.
Get the Protection You Need
Raymond Longoria Insurance can help you explore the auto insurance that gives you the best protection and meets Texas’s requirements. Call us today at 888-296-0345.